- Always Install Latest Jmeter from Jmeter Website https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
- Create Jmeter Shortcut to desktop to you can easily access it
- Always Save the script after doing some modifications
• To know detail explanation for any elements, click on that element, press CTRL + H or Right Click + Help
• Use keys CTRL + C and CTRL + V for copy pasting Elements
- Change the Look and Feel by clicking Options > Look and Feel
- To enable Debugging, press CTRL + SHIFT + D and to disable CTRL + D.
- To Check Jmeter Log , click the alert icon (Top Right hand side )
To expand all the items press CTRL + SHIFT + Minus, to collapse CTRL + Minus.
Do not close JMeter command prompt window any time , it will close jmeter
To Disable/Enable any elements, right click on the element, then select Disable/Enable
- Use Meaning naming conventions for all request and all elements.
- Don’t Complicate Scripts
- Delete unwanted Requests
- Add Assertions appropriately
- Add Listeners appropriately.
- Make habit of Checking request and Response for every request
- Check the Scoping Rules and design accordingly.
- Use multiple instances of JMeter in case the number of threads is more.
- For Debbbuging use Tree view but disable it when running Load test
- Use Command Line mode to run Load test